Registration Now Open for the 2021 Panama Private Screening All-New Format. Watch live or at your own pace. All presentations will be archived for later viewing.
Panama is Your Easiest Step Into Expat LifeJust 3 Hours From Miami, It’s Ultra-Modern, Safe and Politically Stable You’ll Love the Warm, Tropical Climate (But No Hurricanes)… the 1,500 Miles of Coastline and Lush Green Mountains With Excellent Healthcare, High-Speed Internet, and More—Including the World’s Best Retirement Program—You’ll Want for Nothing… All This, and a Couple Can Live a “Dream Life” for Just $2,200 a Month, All In—Rent and Health Plan Included.
During the All-Online Panama Private Screening, We’ll Show You How to Have the Life You’ve Always Wanted
Join Us for Our All-New
2021 Panama Private Screening August 11-14*
(*manageable 2-hour evening sessions Wednesday-Friday and a special Saturday morning Q&A)
An Online “Participate from Anywhere” EventBefore you spend the money to travel to Panama in person… JOIN US ONLINE to discover everything you need to know to decide if Panama is the ideal place for you. Then when you visit you’ll have all the knowledge and contacts necessary to move forward with confidence.
Panama Offers Many Benefits, Including the World’s Best Retirement Program.The government of Panama welcomes you with a world-class retirement program—the same program it offers to its own residents. There’s nothing else like it. The famous Panama Pensionado Program is the most generous and appealing program of special retirement benefits you’ll find anywhere in the world today. And no matter which attractive resident visa you choose when you move to Panama, you can qualify for Pensionado Program discounts. As a pensionado in Panama, you’re entitled to:
- 50% off entertainment—such as movies, theaters, concerts, and sporting events—anywhere in the country
- 50% off closing costs for home loans and more…
- 50% off hotel stays from Monday through Thursday
- 30% off hotel stays from Friday through Sunday
- 30% off bus, boat, and train fares
- 25% off airline tickets
- 25% off at restaurants
- 20% off medical consultations
- 20% off professional and technical services
- 15% off hospital bills (if no insurance applies)
- 15% off dental and eye exams
- 10% off prescription and over-the-counter medicines
- And more…
Panama is one of the world’s best and most popular retirement destinations. There are so many more reasons it meets all the criteria on most anyone’s “perfect overseas lifestyle” checklist:
- Close to the U.S. (just a 3- hour flight from Miami)
- Safe, politically stable and business friendly with a strong and growing economy
- A climate for everyone except winter enthusiasts, from tropical beaches to temperate mountains
- Top-quality healthcare—the Punta Pacifica Hospital is affiliated with Baltimore’s renowned Johns Hopkins Medicine and there are many other excellent options, both in the city and throughout the country
- No income taxes on foreign-earned income
- Importantly… A new tax law went into effect on January 1, 2019, which lowered property taxes to about half as much as they were before, to an incredibly low 0.5% of the value of the home. And you can still get tax exemptions on some properties constructed in the last 3 years. (You’ll get all the details during the Private Screening.)
- The U.S. dollar is the official currency—no confusing conversions to deal with
- You can drink the tap water almost anywhere
- There’s a built-in community of helpful English-speaking locals and expats, and…
- It’s very affordable—a couple can live comfortably on the typical Social Security income. The average monthly budget for a couple in Panama is just $2,200 a month or even less, especially if you own your own home as Jim and Abbe Gault do.
Let’s Talk More About Healthcare and the Affordable Cost of Living…You’ll find your income goes much further in Panama than it does in the U.S. or Canada. And that’s despite the fact that Panama offers you a “no sacrifices” lifestyle. You’ll enjoy modern shopping malls, supermarkets, spas and hair salons…and, importantly, state-of-the-art hospitals…to rival anything in North America. All the services and even most of the products you have at home…you’ll find them in Panama. Most everything costs far less than you’re used to. That’s because the minimum wage in Panama is low and employers and workers don’t have to contend with onerous taxes, insurance, and other fees slapped on everything they do. So getting just about anything done in Panama is very affordable. As Jim Gault says, to have an electrician or plumber come to your house to fix an appliance, for example, typically costs just $20 to $40. Even the lowest budget affords a very good lifestyle. For instance, you can splurge on a day of beauty at any number of salons. You’ll likely pay just $20 for a blow-out and mani-pedi. Best of all, you can afford to pay someone to do the chores you may not be too fond of. A housekeeper typically costs just $20 a day. A gardener may charge you $30 for a day’s work. As for healthcare costs… A complete blood workup at that gleaming new Hospital Punta Pacifica I mentioned earlier (the most technologically advanced hospital in Latin America) is $170. A consult with a physician at this state-of-the-art hospital is $50. At smaller-but-modern clinics, like Hospital America or Clinica Omega, you’ll pay 50-75% less, and in rural areas a doctor’s visit can be far less. As one expat has reported, a doctor’s visit in her small mountain town costs just $5. And remember, retirees on the Pensionado Program are entitled to sizeable discounts! What about health insurance? Retired couples who would be paying $1,250 a month or more—$15,000 a year—in the U.S. for health insurance with a high deductible say that in Panama, they’re paying, on average, $3,240 a year for coverage—and that’s with a deductible of just $250 a year. That’s a substantial savings of nearly $12,000! More time and more money to spend as you like…no taxes on your foreign income, no inflated healthcare costs, no more worries about outliving your retirement nest egg.
Here’s How Much Your New Life in Panama May Cost You…Below I’ve posted an average monthly budget for a couple living in the interior of Panama, outside the more-expensive capital city. (You can expect to spend 20 to 40% more to live in the city).
|Propane (cooking and hot water):||$10|
|Water and trash collection:||$11|
|Maintenance/fuel for one car:||$140|
|DirecTV (US channels):||$40|
What About Real Estate Costs? “If you know where to look you can find a killer deal.”International real estate expert Ronan McMahon—founder of Real Estate Trend Alert (RETA)—says that real estate in Panama is silly cheap, compared to other global hubs. “And on one stretch of Panama’s Pacific coast, which an ambitious Path of Progress will make even more accessible, there’s an opportunity to buy luxury homes in a beachfront community with big upside potential…while a little-known tax bailout means huge savings on turnkey condos.” Ronan’s colleague, Margaret Summerfield, says: “Panama is one of the best locations in Latin America for re-location, retirement or a vacation home. It’s safe, stable, business-friendly and welcoming to foreigners…who have essentially the same property rights as locals. “There are properties to suit most tastes and budgets, whether you want a house or a condo, a beach pad or a mountain hideaway. With the current global crisis, we expect to see motivated sellers pop up. And RETA members are already getting access to killer deals in Panama.” Check out these bargains in exciting, cosmopolitan Panama City:
- In the popular upscale Coco del Mar neighborhood—with expansive jaw-dropping views of the ocean and city skyline and with quick access to downtown and the rest of the city, you’ll find a brand-new luxury high-rise building with a rooftop pool, bar, sports facilities and much more. Two bedroom/two-and-a-half bath condos start at just $220,000.
- Just steps from famous Balboa Avenue overlooking the bay, a new modern ocean-view condo with marble floor, quartz countertops and two-bedrooms and three bathrooms, community swimming pool, spa, and more is on offer for just $225,000.
- In Boquete, the boutique mountain town in the Chiriquí province that’s Panama’s most popular expat enclave (although it certainly retains its Panamanian flavor) you can buy a very nice two-bedroom home on a quarter-acre lot just 7 minutes from the center of town—appliances included for just $135,000!
- Get away from it all on a nearly 5-acre farm just 25 minutes from Boquete with pastureland, fruit trees (banana, orange, kumquat, guava and more), a 1,440-sq.-ft. with covered porches, and an attached shop for just $190,000.
- In the upscale beach town of Coronado, a gorgeous three-bedroom, two-bath home on a flower-filled lot with two large covered terraces and a swimming pool—and even a golf club membership—for just $225,000.
- Or opt for a luxurious two-bedroom/two-bath condo with gorgeous ocean views—furnished—in one of Coronado’s premiere high-rise buildings with a gym, sparkling rooftop pool, clubhouse, and more, selling for a negotiable $189,000.
Are you ready to see if Panama is the right fit for you?
If So, Please Join Us for This Special, All-Online and All-New Panama Private Screening.
We’ll show you exactly how to live your dream life… no matter how small your budget.If you want to retire even earlier than you thought you could, or just live a more luxurious life than you ever thought possible—there’s no better opportunity to gain access to so much expertise…in one place, at the same time.
Whether You’re Retiring or Buying a Second Home… or Starting The New Life You’ve Always Dreamed Of… This Private Screening Will Help You Make It HappenPeople are coming to Panama for various reasons. And we’ll cover all the bases with the high-powered local expertise you need. And we certainly won’t gloss over the challenges.
What Else Should You Know About Panama? It’s Politically Stable and Economically SoundYou’ll find mostly good news coming out of Panama, although as with most countries, the current pandemic has taken a toll. Over the past 25 years, Panama’s has been amongst the largest and fastest-growing economies in Latin America, largely thanks to income from the Panama Canal. Although that growth stumbled in 2020 because of the pandemic, the canal and the financial district are not going away. The IMF (International Monetary Fund) forecasts Panama’s economic growth at a booming 12.5% for 2021. Just to give you a small idea of what today’s Panama is all about:
- It’s the most modern of all Central American countries. You can stay at a rustic rainforest resort or an island hostel and still enjoy the same high-speed internet that you would in Panama City.
- It’s the only country in Central America, in fact, with an urban metro transportation line. A second line now completed makes getting around Panama City easier than ever.
- From the expanding international airport at Tocumen, also known as the Hub of the Americas, you can travel anywhere in the world, and often on a direct flight. (For several years in a row, Tocumen has been named best airport in Central America and the Caribbean.
- With historically low inflation, one of the world’s biggest banking sectors, and the government’s business-friendly “go get ‘em” attitude, Panama offers a combination of benefits that no other Central American country can match. If you’re looking to start a business, as many expats have done, there’s no place better than Panama.
Here’s What’s to Expect from Your Panama Private Screening…
- See firsthand how little it really costs to live in Panama. Not via some theoretical budget, but by meeting the people who are already doing it and learning their tips and secrets.
- Discover the best, most stable markets on the Panama real estate scene. Not from some agent’s listing, but by hearing from the International Living experts who have assessed these areas firsthand.
- Get in early on the newest emerging markets where opportunities are to be found. Not by listening to salespeople, but by taking advantage of our market analysts’ extensive experience.
- Find out about Panama banks, corporations, trusts, private-interest foundations and how you can benefit from these. Hear it straight from the professionals who are guiding your fellow expats.
(Note that this message is NOT approved, endorsed, or authorized by the Social Security Administration or Medicare. All information regarding Social Security and Medicare discussed or mentioned here is available for free from the Social Security Administration and Medicare. But they’ll take you through the details and make the information they provide easy-to-understand and accessible.)International Living Editor Dan Prescher will be your emcee for this conference. He’ll be on hand to answer any questions you have about living overseas. In 2001, he and his wife (and fellow International Living editor), Suzan Haskins, left Omaha, Nebraska, for the warmer climes of Latin America and they haven’t looked back since. They’ve traveled all over the world in search of the best lifestyle opportunities and have themselves lived in Ecuador, Mexico, Nicaragua, and yes, Panama.
Note: Due to unforeseen circumstances, it’s possible speakers may change. Other arrangements will be made to cover the same topic.Note: As part of your Panama Private Screening, you’ll get all the contact information for every expert…email addresses, phone numbers, websites…so you can follow up any one of them now or as long as it takes to make your move to Panama. There are many other experts, too, that you’ll meet when you join us for your Panama Private Screening. You can be sure you’ll get first-hand input on topics such as:
- Shipping your household goods
- Volunteer opportunities
- Cultural acclimation
- The legal ins and out of buying real estate in Panama
- The best visa option for your needs
- How to safely move your pets to and keep them healthy in Panama
- Home, auto, life, and health insurance
- And much, much more… including all the country’s best destinations depending on your lifestyle needs
Here’s how it will work:Your Panama Private Screening will take place over four days, Wednesday-Saturday, August 11-14. On Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday evenings, we’ll host manageable two-hour segments beginning at 7 PM Eastern Time/4 PM Pacific Time. (You’ll get details in your online registration packet.) On Saturday morning, our experts will be online for a live Q&A session and you can ask all your questions in real-time. And don’t worry if you can’t be there for every presentation or segment. We’ll archive every bit of this Private Screening so you can review at your leisure. Just to repeat: Each evening session will be available to you beginning at 7PM EST so you can log on at any time to watch—so don’t worry if you can’t be available every evening or for every session. Same goes for the live Q&A session on Saturday morning. You’ll be able to interact live and ask questions of our experts but this session, too, will be recorded and available to you later if you are unable to be present. You’ll get everything you need to move confidently forward with your Panama plans, and you won’t have to leave home to do that.
This 2021 Panama Private Screening Online Event is a One-of-a-Kind Opportunity. The Depth, Breadth, and Insights Just Can’t Be Found Anywhere Else…We’ll cover all sides of Panama. From luxury living to a comfortable and enjoyable way of life that you can manage on a social security check…from the lush green mountains to the dazzling beaches and everything in between. This Panama Private Screening will bring you up to speed on affordable lifestyles that you didn’t know about before. Think about it. If you gather this information on your own, you’ll spend thousands of dollars, and months of your time. Knock on doors, search the internet, sit in lawyers’ offices, and hang out with real estate agents, it will be impossible to assemble the body of knowledge that we’ve pulled together for this online event. And you don’t need to leave home. No airfares, hotels, restaurant meals, or masks required. Frankly, this Panama Private Screening is a good investment of time and money for anyone who’s considering making a life there…well worth every penny you’ll pay to attend.
REGISTER NOW and Get 2 Valuable Special Bonuses, including a Detailed Panama Itinerary Guide—a Must-Have When You Travel to Panama in PersonRegister now for the Panama Private Screening and we’ll send you via e-mail two of the most valuable reports about Panama we’ve ever developed. The first will save you a bundle of time and money when you are ready to put boots on the ground in Panama. It’s our Panama Scouting Trip Itineraries and Travel Guide (value $79). If you’d like to spend one week, two weeks, or up to four weeks in Panama, this is guide will show you how to plan and enjoy the trip of a lifetime. Delivered electronically to get it in your hands as quickly as possible (and so you can ask questions during the Private Screening live Q&A sessions), It’s a helpful, timesaving resource with three “planned-for-you” travel itineraries you can follow. Created by our IL Panama editor Jessica Ramesch, with well more than 15 years’ experience living and traveling in Panama, you cannot find this kind of expert on-the-ground guidance anywhere else. The second special report I’ll send you for free is called Panama’s Best Budget-Stretching Destinations: Where to Look Now (value $29). It delivers actionable need-to-know information about how to lower your cost of living in Panama. Also delivered electronically, it’s completely up to date with concise, no-nonsense, and hot-off-the-press information. Nowhere else will you discover the where, what, when and how of upgrading your retirement lifestyle in Panama. And if you’re not ready to retire yet, even better. You’ll soon know how your move to Panama will save you money and improve your standard of living right away. Specifically, you’ll get the inside line on:
- Panama’s famous Pensionado visa—what no one tells you but you need to know. Importantly, you’ll learn exactly how to qualify and how to best get the biggest benefits…
- Where the best locations in the country are to truly live well on a retiree’s income—the best, little-known destinations where you can be ahead of the curve. Want to find the lowest-priced (but best-quality) homes, condos, beachfront lots, farms, and more, including the best rental deals? We lay it all out for you and include a valuable rolodex of resources.
- Importantly, we explain how to save on health insurance, healthcare, and prescription costs…
Register For the Panama Private Screening Now— Before the Early Bird Deadline—and SAVE. (And Register NOW to Collect Your 2 FREE Special Bonuses.)The full price to participate in this online event is $597. However, book before August 5 and you’ll be eligible for the Early Bird discount of $100. This means that if you register now, you’ll only pay just $497. Plus you’ll get both the special bonuses I’ve mentioned. Register now to take advantage of this nearly 20% discount. IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a one-size-fits-all admission price, entitling you and your guest (anyone in your household) to attend for one low price. This is a great bargain for 4 two-hour+ sessions (more than eight-and-a-half hours) of information-packed online meetings, and access to well-informed and experienced contacts ready to share their firsthand experience. What’s better, if you’re an International Living Lifetime Member you’re eligible for a further 20% discount! If you’re not an International Living Lifetime Member, and you’d like to become one before the Private Screening, or you’d like to find out more, please call Jillian Revels at 1-866-381-8446 or contact her online at http://intliving.com/contactevents.
- Full access to all of the online presentations and Q&A sessions.
- Many Valuable Bonus Videos: Beyond the live program, we’ll post several other (at least 20 in fact) important and helpful videos on topics such as learning to speak Spanish, tax issues expats should know about (including one for Canadians), doing your real estate due diligence, moving abroad part-time or as a single, and more.
- The Panama Private Screening Workbook with complete speaker bios and contact details.
- Ongoing “forever” access to the Panama Private Screening archives with recordings of the entire event. You can go back at any time to review any presentation at your leisure any time in the future—This is a special extra added value!
- Call toll free, 1-866-381-8446 to speak to one of our conference team, who can take your order and answer any questions you have; or contact us online at http://intliving.com/contactevents, and we’ll take it from there.
“It was laid out very well with a plethora of topics. My husband and I are seriously considering retiring to Panama when he retires in 2922. Therefore this up to date Information is critical to us. We plan to visit Panama sometime next year to see if Panama is for us. Thank you for putting together a wonderful, concise program. “ – Karen B.
“I found the discussions on medical care and insurance as well as Rainelda’s discussion of legal matters to be the most beneficial information. Jim Gault’s discussion on a successful transition to Panama was excellent. I was impressed at how informative and how smoothly all the presentations went on the online format. I intend on reviewing the archived videos again in the future when I get closer to my move to Panama.” – Tim A.
“Very well organized. Love the boots on the ground perspective and insights. Great info for professionals in legal, medical and real estate. Well done! Best of all, I’m thrilled that it was all videotaped so I can still see all sessions even though I had a schedule conflict. I thought I wanted to focus on Boquete, but now I want to check out all the areas. Panama offers something for everyone! Thank you for a small taste of life in Panama.”” – Susan
“Ms Ramesch was excellent and a wealth of current knowledge; Ms Mata-Kelly and Dr Wong answered so many of our questions, again being current and forthright. Mr Gault gave the “real” expat experience that was invaluable.” – Jack C.
“The presenters were all very nice and very knowledgeable. Between the presentations and the bonuses, all of my questions were answered. This is an excellent way to learn about a country you may be considering for a relocation so you will know whether you want to spend the dollars for an in-person visit.” – Karla B.Seats Will Go Fast. Don’t Miss Out. REGISTER Here NOW for the Panama Private Screening