Airplane flights

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Airplane flights

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lawrence Schultz
    Participant

I am in the process of planning a trip to Ecuador which will include visits to Manta, Cuenca and Cotacachi.

It is my understanding that all flights must go through Quito. If I am in Manta and I want to go to Cuenca I must be routed first to Quito and then on to Cuenca. This seems crazy to me because both Manta and Cuenca are major cities.

Do I have my facts right or our their direct flights between Manta and Cuenca and vice versa?

Lawrence Schultz

Hi Lawrence,

Thanks for taking the time to reach out and post your question on the forum!

Remember that Ecuador is a relatively small country. Your information is correct – all flights inside of Ecuador run through Quito, the capital. An exception is that it is possible to get a flight from Guayaquil to the Galápagos Islands.

Hope that helps and good luck planning your trip!

Thanks again for your question.

Edward Daniszewski
    Participant

Hi Lawrence:
    There are flights out of Guayaquil to Cuenca and visa versa,it’s really a simple process, or if your daring you can take the suttle Van. It’s $60.00 USD and a 2-3 hr ride depending on who’s driving. As for Mamta, I’m sure there’s a bus going through there on your way to Salinas. Hope this helps you out.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.