Looking For A Reputable Lawyer

Homepage Forums Ecuador Insider Forum Looking For A Reputable Lawyer

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    BRADLEY WILCOSH
    Participant

I am in need of a good lawyer to assist in the recovery of funds related to a real estate deal in Olon. The seller is an expat that I had met with a few times socially and appeared to be an honest individual. We settled on a lot that he was selling in a small development in Olon and arranged for a deposit on the land. When he was unable to provide clear title to the land, I allowed him a few months to deal with the local government officials to resolve the issue. Unfortunately, after 4 months with no resolution, I requested the return of the deposit due to his inability to provide clear title to the lot. He has refused to return the deposit and I will need a good, reputable lawyer to press the issue and get the funds returned. It’s a sad situation but I believe that it’s the only option I have at this time. Any help with the name(s) of local lawyers (or any advice) would be greatly appreciated ….

Hi Bradley,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Two attorneys that have been helpful to other expats, including International Living readers and correspondents, are Camila Moreno cmoreno@morenodidonato.com and Sebastian Cordero scordero@rcpabogados.com.

Both are are fluent in English and, in our experience, very easy to work with.

Do report back and let us know how you get on…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.